• Do not sit on wooden seats, rough splinters will catch and ladder your tights
• Concrete benches or curbs are a nightmare. Cement is mostly made up of sand and those teeny tiny rocks are miniature enemies in the battle for snag-free tights. Those little evil rocks will create tiny holes in your tights that will eventually run into each other to create bigger holes, and so on.
• Always check your shoes and boots for any rough edges, especially the heel.
• The buckles on some of my bags have sometimes snagged my tights. Keep bags high up on the shoulder.
• Limit jewellery, or wear ‘smooth’ bracelets and rings.
• Velcro is the number one enemy of pantyhose and can be found just about anywhere these days. I’ve ruined so many pairs of stockings over the years by crossing paths with the burrs of this secretive sticker. Velcro can be found on clothes, computer cables, shoes, mobile phone holders, bags etc., really anywhere that would usually have a button or a zipper.
• Don’t forget that pantyhose are just as likely to be damaged when taking them off, so take your hosiery off just as carefully as you put them on.
• And, don’t take the term “bar crawl” literally, you’ll have holes in the knees quicker than you can guzzle a kamikaze shot!
Not ‘just another pair of fishnets’, The Hosiery Queen offers exclusive patterned hosiery at affordable prices using the latest seamless technology available. Launching in September 2013 our fashion hosiery will elongate and slim your pins and will change the way you accessorise your legs forever.
Follow us on Facebook, WordPress and Twitter to see our latest hosiery products and some great top tips.