Wearing hosiery with your shorts provides a excellent alternative to going bare-legged. In the colder months it also offers comfort and warmth.
If you’re interested in trying this look out, I recommend finding yourself a great pair of tights and building your outfit up from there. Start with the hosiery first, rather than as an afterthought. You’ll be surprised with what you can come up with. Here’s some tips:
- Wear opaque tights or patterned hosiery rather than leggings. Leggings can be bulky.
- A monotone look is a great way to ease into wearing shorts with tights. Wear dark-coloured tights and dark shorts rather than ripped denim and wild colours (unless you are feeling brave!).
- Combine this look with a great-fitting blazer for a sleek silhouette.
- Create an edgy retro feel with high waisted shorts teamed with vintage inspired tights and a cute blouse.
- Wear the right shoes! Shorts and tights are awkward with runners or sneakers. Try flats, classic pumps, high heels (which will always make the legs look longer and leaner!), ankle boots or knee highs.